Saturday 13 September 2008

Are you one of the lucky ones?


So, I received an urgent call from a mate on my answerphone, telling me he had some really important news to tell me.

I quickly rang him back, thinking he was going to tell me his wife was pregnant, he was emigrating, something like that....

No, he rang me to gloat that he had received an email from Sony giving him a voucher to play the new Motorstorm Pacific Rift demo!

The lucky guy was one of a fortunate few who had been randomly sent an invite to download the demo, while the rest of us - yes, to his great joy, that includes me - had to sit and stew that we hadn't been invited to the party. I wouldn't mind, but he is also a big Xbox 360 fanboy!

To be blunt, I think Sony have dropped a clanger as I, for one, have been put off taking interest in the game if I can't even download the demo now while others can. Looks like new racing game Pure may be a better buy, as the demo is great (and I can play it!).

1 comment:

Chrisjb said...

Unlucky mate :( I myself have lost that loving feeling regarding sony :( what with delayed games, a half assed achievement (trophies) system and also unable to keep talking to friends in or out of games I think it's time sony sorted out these problems out once and for all. How typical that an xbox fanboy gets to look at demos before the rest of us :( but at least he has a PS3 :)